Thrilled to have been given the opportunity by Lucasfilm and Disney to design and create a customised BB-8 for the “BB-8 GREAT Design Project” in support of Star Wars: Force for Change and Great Ormond Street.
My custom BB8 joined the others designed by Star Wars: The Force Awakens Cast members Daisy Ridley, John Boyega along with Star Wars legacy stars Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels and Warwick Davis along with celebrities Simon Pegg, Jonathan Ross and many others. You can view all the designs here, and
bid on my design here (Bidding is now closed).
The BB8s were on display for a public exhibition at White Rainbow Gallery, 47 Mortimer Street from Tuesday 19th – Thursday 21st April. The initiative will raise vital funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity with a number of the designed BB-8s being auctioned off for charity via an online auction from 18th April 7pm to 21st April at 11.59pm. 100%* of the proceeds from this auction will be donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, on behalf of Force For Change.
Below you can see the final stage of bidding and below that a step by step for the creation of my design.
I’m very proud to have raised £1020 for the charity and even had the fifth highest bid out of the 43 in the auction making it the highest from the commissioned artists and even beating some celebrity designs.
- Mark Hamill (Star Wars) – £2,620
- John Bodega (Star Wars) – £2,220
- Anthony Daniels (Star Wars) – £1,500
- Daisy Ridley (Star Wars) – £1,140
- Mark Leary – ASYLUMseventy7 – £1,020
- Warwick Davis ( Star Wars) £1,000
- Simon Pegg (Star Trek, Shaun of the Dead) £1,000
- Jonathan Ross (Jonathan Ross show) £1,000
- Paddy McGuinness (Comedian, Phoenix Nights) £1,000
- Nicholas Dixon (Artist with Eats Everything) £1,000
- Alife Van Linden (Artist) £670
- Alex Brooker £520
- Joe Slatter £450
- China Mike £376
- Alfie Boe £350
Raising a total of £22,425 for Great Ormond Street hospital.
You can check out the step by step progress of my design below…
Support the Force!