An eagerly awaited vinyl reissue for fans of death metal has to be Massacre From Beyond. Recreated with the original album artwork by Ed Repka this was a pleasure to work on and match the layouts and run the production of the full 6 colour reissue run.
Massacre were formed in 1984 by Allen West(Guitar) Bill Andrews (Drums) Mike Borders (Bass) and soon joined by Kam Lee. They disbanded and re-united again several times. In 1987, Rozz, Andrews and Butler joined Death, but by 1991 the three later rejoined with Rick Rozz (Guitar) and Massacre released their debut album From Beyond on Earache Records.
The cover art was painted by Ed Repka and was based on the short story of the same name, written by H. P. Lovecraft.
|1.||“Dawn of Eternity”||5:12|
|4.||“Chamber of Ages”||4:50|
|9.||“Corpsegrinder” (Death cover)||3:19|
- 140g 12″ vinyl
- One colour label (Black)
- Runout groove message: Side A, “I’ll take you down into the abyss ” Side B, ”Corpsegrinder…. grind”
- 300gsm, double white board outer sleeve with 3mm spine CMYK
- 300gsm inner sleeve, CMYK
- 3 exclusive to Earache webstore colours (white, yellow/black splatter, red/green halves and black)
- 3 exclusive colours available through German and Swedish distribution (neon yellow and neon orange)