Making a physical album of you and your bands hard work can be very exciting but easy to get wrong and cause lots of problems that can set back the albums release and/or add unwanted costs on top of your bill.
Here are 10 tips to get your album made fast and right first time
- Make sure your recordings, artwork and layout are correct
- Use the right artwork templates for the manufacturer you are using
- Number your tracks to make sure they stay in the order you want them
- Check your spelling
- Double check any barcodes and copyright text
- Give the correct contact details to the manufacturer (email and phone numbers) incase they have any questions or hold ups
- Check lead times and set a final deadline for delivery. ASAP is not a deadline
- Get an order confirmation with set dates and prices
- Make sure you get artwork proofs to triple check layouts, colours and spellings again, (you would be surprised what gets missed until print)
- confirm your shipping address and get notification for the stock leaving the plant. Tracking numbers are also a good idea.
Follow these tips and you are sure to stay on time and budget with your album manufacture. If this seems a lot and you don’t want to risk it or have the hassle, then feel free to get in touch and see what help ASYLUMseventy7 can give with several years handling projects from concept to completion.