In my work at Earache Records I get to work on some great bands classic albums, and this is one of those classics … Entombed: Left Hand Path Vinyl first released in 1990,
Left Hand Path is the debut album from Entombed from 1990 that is known for defining the style of Swedish death metal by being the first recording to use the “buzzsaw” guitar tone. The tone was created by heavily detuned electric guitars (To B) used with a maxed out Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal Pedal and the DS-1 Distortion pedal into a Peavey amp. The originator of this guitar tone was Nihilist guitarist Leif “Leffe” Cuzner. The album’s liner notes give thanks to Nirvana, but the band in question is the Swedish death metal group Nirvana 2002, not the famous grunge act. The album was recorded in the legendary Sunlight studio in Stockholm, Sweden during December 1989.
This is the reissued in Full Dynamic Range (FDR) release. Reissue layout and production management by myself.
Available from the Earache Webstore
- 140g 12″ vinyl
- Two colour label (Black & Pantone 877C Silver)
- Runout groove message: Side A, Rest in… Side B, … Festering slime
- 300gsm, double white board outer sleeve with 3mm spine CMYK
- 300gsm inner sleeve, Grayscale
- 3 exclusive to Earache webstore colours (transparent Green, Light blue, and transparent red)
- 1 exclusive colour available only through Earache wholesale (yellow)