Remember first impressions count. Getting spotted in the CD racks, among 1000s of various other album covers on iTunes, at gigs, on facebook, twitter, band camp or wherever, your album cover needs to jump out and grab the attention of new fans. Here are a few dos and don’ts for album artwork.
- do, get your ideas together first – brainstorm, make lists, look for inspiration
- do make an interesting eye catching image, a boring white page with basic text will not grab peoples attention!
- do, hire a designer to put it all together for you!
- don’t use a random picture you find on google
- don’t use low res photos and artwork
- don’t hide your band name away
If you would like to know more about the process I use when working with bands on their album artwork, then just click, or look at my music portfolio and get committed to creativity!